2022 Mini Food Grant
Thank you for your interest in BC Dairy’s Mini Food Grants! These grants are available to support educators teaching BC Dairy’s Food and Nutrition Education programs in their classrooms. If you are teaching Food Explorers, Food For Us, Passport to Education transition lesson plans, or BC at the Table you are eligible.
In applying to BC Dairy’s Mini Food Grant I agree to:
- Teach one of BC Dairy’s nutrition education programs in your class during the 2022/2023 school year. The eligible programs include: Food Explorers, Food For Us, Passport to Healthy Living transition lesson plans, and BC at the Table.
- Use the grant funding to bring foods into the classroom providing tasting experiences that align with the teacher guide for your chosen program.
- Provide an example of a fruit or vegetable, protein food, whole grain, and dairy product that you are going to bring into the classroom with the awarded grant money.
- Speak and teach about food in a neutral way as discussed in the workshop led by BC Dairy registered dietitians and is present in your teacher guides. Remember to avoid food rewards and offer opportunities to taste without pressure. If you want a refresher on the principles for teaching about food and nutrition in the classroom check out the Teach Food First resource by Healthy Schools BC. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
- Encourage exploration and inquiry with foods in a low pressure environment.
By following the requirements above and filling out the information required you may be eligible to receive up to $150 to bring food into the classroom. If during this process you need support or you have any questions about BC Dairy’s food and nutrition education programs, grant funding, or the grant requirements please reach out to us at email@example.com. Our registered dietitians are here to support you!